PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cinnamon - transparent window while draging

Maciej Miklas
October 9th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Hi,

I've installed Cinnamon on Ubuntu and it works just great. Now I would like to have transparent window when I drag it. How can I set it up?

Thanks,
Maciej

GeForce 9500GT
October 9th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Take a look here (http://www.linuxbsdos.com/2012/09/20/how-to-customize-cinnamon-1-6/), some tips on how to customize Cinnamon. And yes, Cinnamon is really a great looking DE! Better than Unity. Although it is a bit buggy and still under development (but then again, which DE isn't still under devolpment?).

Do you need any applets, extensions or themes? Take a look here (http://cinnamon.linuxmint.com/).
Good Luck!

Maciej Miklas
October 9th, 2012, 03:08 PM
thank you, but I did not find transparent windows. Anyway, I've tried unity for over a month.... it's nothing for me.....

Overcast32
October 12th, 2012, 12:55 AM
thank you, but I did not find transparent windows. Anyway, I've tried unity for over a month.... it's nothing for me.....

Oh yes, you know.. it's funny I found this thread.

I'm going to spend some time learning to code; and I want to do it under Linux, not Windows or whatever... Always been partial to Ubuntu but I couldn't get into Unity either. I was just about to leave here and go install Linux Mint, but I hit this thread.. :smile:

I didn't even think about installing Cinnamon on Ubuntu and I really didn't feel like waiting for 12.1 or whatever with Gnome really.

These iPad-Clone OS's annoy me, I think they are a 'new trend' - but not so sure they'll last - maybe they will.

They just seem over-simplistic and to me that is too limiting. I'm the creative type who likes to tweak and customize; I don't like the same setup - like it's some appliance. Although I can see why the IT industry wants to 'dumb it all down'... :lolflag: to be CHEAP.

bambam511
October 12th, 2012, 02:33 AM
Hmmmmmmmm..Cinbuntu? Sounds like it might be worth a try. Running Lubuntu right now. Mainly because I do not like Unity either and I like that Lubuntu is not a resource hog. Might have to try it on my little test rig to see how it does. Thanks for the suggestion.