PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't connect to WLAN - WPA but shows as WEP

AP0ll0UK
October 7th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Evening All

I ran some updates on my machine a few hours ago and following a reboot everything was fine. However, when connect to the net my box locked up and needed rebooting.

Once I had got back to the desktop, it wouldn't connect to wireless. I've looked at the settings and I'm regularly prompted to input my wireless key, however it's showing it as WEP, not WPA2 which is what it should be.

In the 'Wireless Network Authentication Required' window, I've inputted the correct key and the 'Connect' button is greyed out, almost as if it doesn't like the key I've entered.

I've tried deleting the connection through the connectin manager, I've also tried the 'Forget Connection' option but it still seems to be remembered or cached somewhere. I'm running 12.04.

I'm struggling a bit with this, can anyone please advise?

The settings for the WLAN connections must be cached somewhere, I've tried removing Network Manager, rebooting, then reinstalling it via tethering with my mobile, rebooted again and whilst its still not working it remembered the connection from a previous attempt at setting it up manually with a WPA2 key as opposed to WEP which is what it thinks it needs.