PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Forcing a program (Tux Maths) to run on one display

kwinsw
October 7th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Hi,

My kids really like playing Tux Maths. But we have two monitors, and instructions appear right slap, bang in the middle - making them difficult to see.

Can anyone tell me how to force a program to run only on one monitor? I can't see any settings in Tux Maths itself.

Cheers

kwinsw

androssofer
October 8th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Hi,

My kids really like playing Tux Maths. But we have two monitors, and instructions appear right slap, bang in the middle - making them difficult to see.

Can anyone tell me how to force a program to run only on one monitor? I can't see any settings in Tux Maths itself.

Cheers

kwinsw

don't think there is a way, as a work around is needed to stop full screen flash from doing the same in chrome...

audiomick
October 8th, 2012, 06:37 PM
I don't think it is possible either. I have seen that a few times with various things. The only way I know is to drag the text box across to one or the other by hand after it appears.

kwinsw
October 8th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Cheers both, at very least that's stopped me wasting any more time breaking my head over it.

I'll find a workaround. If worst comes to worst, I'll install Ubuntu in a VMWare machine on a Windows PC. Bit of a faff, but he does love Tux Maths.

Thanks again!