PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Copy paste?

will1982
October 7th, 2012, 02:19 AM
Hello!
Just formatted my Mac to run Ubuntu purely :D

But I have a dilemma: how do I copy paste? I know I can highlight the text, right click, and say "copy" but that's cumbersome.

The good o'l command-c shortcut opens Dash Home.

So my question: is there a keyboard shortcut for copy/paste?

Thanks in advance,

Will1982

cjhabs
October 7th, 2012, 03:48 AM
You can try Keyboard -> Preferences -> Keyboard Shortcuts and remove the shortcut for ctrl-c

I am using 10.04

will1982
October 7th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Fixed, used ctrl-c instead.

Thanks!

mcduck
October 7th, 2012, 10:39 PM
If you have a spearate mouse you might also want to try my favourite method of copy/paste in Linux, no keyboard shortcuts or menus required at all: Just highlight whatever text you want to copy, and middle-click where you want to paste it. This also works for terminal windows, where the normal ctrl-c and ctrl-v shortcuts can't be used for copy/paste.

will1982
October 7th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Ah, yes, thanks mcduck! It's a lot more efficient than my clumsy ctrl shortcuts :D

Information Technology
October 9th, 2012, 03:03 AM
If you have a spearate mouse you might also want to try my favourite method of copy/paste in Linux, no keyboard shortcuts or menus required at all: Just highlight whatever text you want to copy, and middle-click where you want to paste it. This also works for terminal windows, where the normal ctrl-c and ctrl-v shortcuts can't be used for copy/paste.

Neet trick. Didn't know I could do this. Thanks!

valroadie
October 18th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Not sure if this is solved or not?
I made this topic, so if you are using a touchpad it may help you out :)
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2071380

jamesbon
June 3rd, 2013, 04:56 PM
I want to know I copied following code from some where .......now I want to write below the code but I am unable to do so how do I write below the formatted code
the code in my screen when I login and edit comes highlighted in blue....and I am unable to go below it if I type any thing at the last line it comes within the blue section....

class Calculator: def calculate(self,evaluate): self.value=eval(expression)class Talker: def talk(self): print 'Hi, my value is ', self.valueclass TalkingCalculator(Calculator,Talker): pass