PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Installing Dropbox under Lubuntu

GeForce 9500GT
October 6th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Hi everyone,

Is this still applicable (https://lists.launchpad.net/lubuntu-desktop/msg01126.html)? Or can i just download the file from the website and install it? And how the integration of Dropbox under PCMANfm?

marinara
October 6th, 2012, 03:02 PM
I would like to see the answer to this question. I'm not liking ubuntu one on lubuntu

Rex Bouwense
October 6th, 2012, 04:02 PM
I have downloaded Dropbox from:
https://www.dropbox.com/install?os=lnx
However, I have not yet installed it. I have no reason to believe that it will not work well. That being said, I better not bite my tongue.

Comodín
October 6th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Thanks Rex, easy to install, worked for me at least!

Rex Bouwense
October 6th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Glad to help someone today. I still haven't installed it myself.

Guilden_NL
October 7th, 2012, 06:04 AM
Have been running it for two or three weeks. Perfect integration with PCFMan. I installed it on my wife's laptop desktop and she just drags and drops new photos there so she can share them on her Android phone via the Dropbox App.

kmas
December 9th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Have been running it for two or three weeks. Perfect integration with PCFMan. I installed it on my wife's laptop desktop and she just drags and drops new photos there so she can share them on her Android phone via the Dropbox App.

Guys would have been nice, if you could precise what you did to get it running? the deb? the package decompressed, the ubuntu package is called nautilus-dropbox, not pcfman

mparillo
December 9th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Guys would have been nice, if you could precise what you did to get it running? the deb? the package decompressed, the ubuntu package is called nautilus-dropbox, not pcfman

Since I did not want nautilus either, I was happiest when I followed the instructions to Install Dropbox via command line instead of using the deb packages.

After the installation, you notified yourself to drop box via a web browser, and then you could start the daemon and you got an indicator that told you when the sync was running, and it just worked for me.
That is I copied files to the drop box directory, I would start the daemon and they sync, and when the sync was completed, I would shut down.

vasa1
June 27th, 2013, 04:07 AM
Glad to help someone today. I still haven't installed it myself.
Gentle bump :)
@Rex, did you get round to it? Any feedback to share?

Edit: I went ahead and installed it ... 32-bit version from the Dropbox site using the GUI-route. Painless. And no Nautilus.

I haven't restarted my laptop as yet, so I don't know the the autostart bit is working. Let's see.

(BTW, FWIW, my Lubuntu is a bit modified in that I'm using Thunar and the Xfce Desktop.)

Edit: No problems with autostart. I didn't have to do anything.

Rex Bouwense
June 28th, 2013, 12:12 AM
Gentle bump :)
@Rex, did you get round to it? Any feedback to share?

Edit: I went ahead and installed it ... 32-bit version from the Dropbox site using the GUI-route. Painless. And no Nautilus.

I haven't restarted my laptop as yet, so I don't know the the autostart bit is working. Let's see.

(BTW, FWIW, my Lubuntu is a bit modified in that I'm using Thunar and the Xfce Desktop.)

Edit: No problems with autostart. I didn't have to do anything.

Yes I did install it on Lubuntu 12.04 and Lubuntu 12.10. It was painless. I love it when a plan comes together. I have not got around to installing it on 13.04 yet but I have no reason to believe that it will not be as easy as the first two were.:popcorn:
OK. Just installed on Lubuntu 13.04. No problem.