PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Cairo dock?

Yezinki
October 6th, 2012, 12:39 AM
Hi,

how should i proceed to install cairo dock on this Ubuntu fresh install?

Thanks.

Frogs Hair
October 6th, 2012, 01:09 AM
You can install Cairo/GLX dock from the software center. There are two choices, Open GL and no Open GL . Open Gl has more visual effects and if you have 3D graphics capabilities you can use Open GL.

Yezinki
October 6th, 2012, 01:50 AM
Thanks Frogs Hair. When I had XP on this machine I saw it had OpenGL capability, how to I recheck in Ubuntu?

Yezinki
October 6th, 2012, 02:09 AM
vaio@VGC-LS1:~$ glxinfo|more
The program 'glxinfo' is currently not installed. You can install it by typing:
sudo apt-get install mesa-utils

[1]+ Stopped glxinfo | more
vaio@VGC-LS1:~$

daslinkard
October 6th, 2012, 02:39 AM
Yezinki,

I installed Cairo Dock a few weeks ago when you had a question back then....I noticed in my Dash home that I had the option to open up Cairo with more or less Graphical interface. I found it very easy to download from the Software Center....however it did take a little extra to remove it from my machine.

Yezinki
October 6th, 2012, 03:58 AM
Thanks daslinkard but why did you remove it?

daslinkard
October 6th, 2012, 04:10 AM
Thanks daslinkard but why did you remove it?
I only installed it to better help you a few weeks back....played around with it for a little bit and decided that even though I liked the way it looked.....I loved my Unity Launcher better.....then I got practice purging the program utilizing the terminal!

Yezinki
October 6th, 2012, 04:32 AM
Appreciate it.

daslinkard
October 6th, 2012, 04:34 AM
No worries....here for you whenever you need us!

Yezinki
October 6th, 2012, 04:35 AM
No words to thank.........your comments have made me speechless.

Debroyston
October 6th, 2012, 04:39 PM
You can install Cairo/GLX dock from the software center. There are two choices, Open GL and no Open GL . Open Gl has more visual effects and if you have 3D graphics capabilities you can use Open GL.
Hello Frogs Hair,
I have installed cairo-dock on Lubuntu 12.10 beta2 but I cannot get rid of the black surround despite installing both compiz and metacity. The comments require=ing the start of these are unclear. Can you help me please?

critin
October 6th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Hello Frogs Hair,
I have installed cairo-dock on Lubuntu 12.10 beta2 but I cannot get rid of the black surround despite installing both compiz and metacity. The comments require=ing the start of these are unclear. Can you help me please?

You really should start your own thread with your question. This thread is solved and it discusses a different issue than yours. Users won't see your question.

If this link doesn't help, start a new thread--okay? :p

http://www.glx-dock.org/ww_page.php?p=A%20complete%20tutorial%20on%20how%2 0to%20customize%20your%20dock&lang=en