PDA

View Full Version : Got my Beans Today!!

mike acker
October 3rd, 2012, 12:25 PM
Yea!!

I got my beans today :):):):):)

Bucky Ball
October 3rd, 2012, 12:29 PM
Congratulations! Maybe celebrate by grinding some for a coffee. ;)

Lightstar
October 4th, 2012, 03:39 AM
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy Congrats bud

Face-Ache
October 4th, 2012, 03:41 AM
Yeah, was such a buzz when i got my beans too :) Nice work fella! Cool avatar too.

jerrrys
October 4th, 2012, 03:44 AM
Not to shabby for a cowboy :)

mike acker
October 4th, 2012, 12:46 PM
thanks gang!!

all I'm missing now is a SATA cable and I can complete my U-box build!!

I got the CPU, CPU Fan, and drives installed yesterday -- but-- only 2 SATA cables shipped with the motherboard -- and I installed two Seagate/Baracudas plus an ANSUS CD/DVD optical drive!!

( thinking about trying to get this box to run RAID0 -- which is supported on the M5A88-M motherboard ) .if i get all the cabling installed today i'll try to power i up w/ Disk 0 only connected -- keep ur fingers crossed!! I'm donloading the 64bit AMD Desktop version of 12.04 LTS for an ISO burn this morning

so thanks again; plan to hang around here with questions and maybe i can help out a bit sometimes too

:):):):):)

mike acker
October 4th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Not to shabby for a cowboy :)

yep-- c me on FLICKR as G5.W Cowboy Photography!!

jerrrys
October 4th, 2012, 02:11 PM
yep-- c me on FLICKR as G5.W Cowboy Photography!!

Ill check it out later today...congrads :)

kevin2849
October 4th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Congrats. I have been a "reader" here since 2006 but still have a negligible post count.

Just a quiet guy, I guess!

CharlesA
October 4th, 2012, 04:17 PM
( thinking about trying to get this box to run RAID0 -- which is supported on the M5A88-M motherboard ) .if i get all the cabling installed today i'll try to power i up w/ Disk 0 only connected -- keep ur fingers crossed!!

Why do you want to run a RAID0? If one drive goes down, you lose the entire array.

SeanIM
October 4th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Ok, help me out here...what chu talkin bout Willus?

I see I have 19 beans over there, and not sure what that means...is that what you're referring to?

If beans are awesome, how do I get some? :)

lol

SeanIM
October 4th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Ok, so I have an odd question.

Why is my bean count stuck on 19? It seems, I've read, to have something to do with the number of posts you've made on these forums.

I've posted more than 50 posts over the years I'm sure...is there a reason my beans are stuck?

Strange (shrugs)

:(

Linuxratty
October 4th, 2012, 08:31 PM
I've posted more than 50 posts over the years I'm sure...is there a reason my beans are stuck?

Strange (shrugs):(

You get beans for helping people in the help forums, not just for showing up..I have a little over 100 myself..
The clever titles are totally random.

Elfy
October 4th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Ok, so I have an odd question.

Why is my bean count stuck on 19? It seems, I've read, to have something to do with the number of posts you've made on these forums.

Strange (shrugs)

:(
You could 600,000 posts in non support areas and 19 support posts and your bean count would be 19

fontis
October 4th, 2012, 09:12 PM
I think it's funny how newer users perhaps don't see the connection most of the times between the "beans" on the forum and Ubuntu :P

To us oldies, it's a great reminder of "The Dark Ages" aka the brown crappy color scheme from the good old dayz :P

mike acker
October 4th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Why do you want to run a RAID0? If one drive goes down, you lose the entire array.

......uh oh, what I want is mirrored DASD, -- yep, it's RAID1 that I want to use

thanks!!

CharlesA
October 4th, 2012, 11:34 PM
......uh oh, what I want is mirrored DASD, -- yep, it's RAID1 that I want to use

thanks!!
Makes more sense. :)

litiform
October 12th, 2012, 09:20 PM
congrats!