PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu appereance problem

TusharK
October 2nd, 2012, 03:02 AM
My Ubuntu 12.04 was going good on PC. I am not an expert on Ubuntu. But the next day when i opened up my PC I found that the appearance of my ubuntu has been changed to something like basic or flat. I checked the theme setting but it was the default Ambiance theme. The network icon on the top toolbar was gone and there was only "User Folder Update" application on the default startup applications.
Also there is no options for choosing "Ubuntu" and "Ubuntu 2D" on the logon screen. The theme is like the basic theme with grey color same as that of Windows xp.
Please help me to retain its original appearance.

TusharK
October 6th, 2012, 01:40 PM
My Ubuntu 12.04 was going good on PC. I am not an expert on Ubuntu. But the next day when i opened up my PC I found that the appearance of my ubuntu has been changed to something like basic or flat. I checked the theme setting but it was the default Ambiance theme. The network icon on the top toolbar was gone and there was only "User Folder Update" application on the default startup applications.
Also there is no options for choosing "Ubuntu" and "Ubuntu 2D" on the logon screen. The theme is like the basic theme with grey color same as that of Windows xp.
Please help me to retain its original appearance.
No Replies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

grahammechanical
October 6th, 2012, 04:24 PM
A picture would have been nice. Do you get a boot menu? Is it the menu we call Grub?

From that menu you should be able to select recovery mode. At the screen that appears select Resume. That may work.

Have you updated the system recently? There could be two or three things wrong. What does the desktop look like? Does it have a top panel? Does it have the Launcher?

There has to be a reason why something like this happens. Can you think of anything that may have caused this?

Regards.