PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Trying to install from USB stick and get this problem

Melhisedek
October 1st, 2012, 08:57 PM
Hello there folks,
I have a z88 v-pro motherboard and 3570k CPU along with nvidia 560ti. I used latest unetbootin to create a bootable Ubuntu installer and all went smooth.
After a reboot I choose my USB as a primary boot disk and I get to ubuntu splash screen and than to install menu. I chose to "Install Ubuntu" and after a few screen flashes I get to black screen with text.

http://i.imgur.com/VP21gl.jpg

What can I do?

This is not my first Ubuntu install but it is on this particular PC...

windscape
October 1st, 2012, 09:13 PM
Hi,

I had a similar issue on my PC with an older NVIDIA card. What I did was at the initial screen with a keyboard symbol at the bottom, hit a key. It should stop booting and ask you to choose a language and have other options at the bottom. Hit Esc, then F6. Arrow down to nomodeset and hit Enter or Space to select it. Hit Esc again, then choose the option to Install Ubuntu or something similar.

I'm not in front of my PC, so this is all from memory. I also installed Xubuntu 12.04.1, so it might be a bit different than regular Ubuntu.

Also, if your monitor and video card have VGA connections, using them might workaround the issue.

I hope this helps.