PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] 12.04 behind debian proxy and win 2008 server

bellial
October 1st, 2012, 07:11 PM
Hello!
So, where I work, we have a domain under win2008 r2 server, and the firewall and proxy under debian. I was the lucky one to have an ubuntu desktop to work with, I set up the proxy (it's supposed to ask for user and password every time a browser window is opened), I can see both servers from my desktop, it pings locally and outside (I tried the average google), but it doesn't browse (it says Unable to find the proxy server) nor can I use apt to update it. I read in many places about this and tried editting /etc/apt/apt.conf.d/*, and /etc/bash.bashrsc, but I wish I didn't have to manually put my user anywhere, since it's supposed to ask for it whenever. I haven't actually managed to put my pc in the windows domain, I figured the proxy wouldn't depend on it, besides, I need internet to do everything else, but I don't know, never worked in this environment before, I'm a home ubuntu user, do I need the domain to be put first?

Nobody? :(
I checked $set | grep -i proxy, and itīs pointing to the right proxy:port. Anything else I could try?