PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cannot edit the panels on gnome 2 - ubuntu 12.04

AMACOMX
September 30th, 2012, 09:53 AM
I'm not a fan of unity and gnome 3 couldn't satisfy me so i installed gnome 2 on my Ubuntu 12.04 installed compiz and every thing is working good ... but when i try to right click panels nothing happens ... i realized this problem when i was trying to put my hijri calender ... the only right clickable are the icons already added and the panels ... -i'm a gui user but i can deal with terminal abit and I'm not willing to use unity or gnome 3 -
any help plz :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused:

claracc
September 30th, 2012, 10:01 AM
You have to do in the panel: alt+right click in order to see the menu.

AMACOMX
September 30th, 2012, 10:07 AM
not working totally unclickable !

claracc
September 30th, 2012, 10:49 AM
How did you installed gnome 2?, I suppose you mean gnome fallback desktop.

Perhaps your compiz is not working well, try to log out and login again in classic gnome without effects.

To add icons, remove or move to the panel you have to use key ALT +right click in the mouse, this is for sure in gnome fallback desktop.

Here,there is an excellent guide to configure gnome fallback in 12.04: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1966370

claracc
September 30th, 2012, 04:18 PM
not working totally unclickable !

As you are using compiz the combination keys will be: super Key (or windows key) + ALT + right click in any place in panel.

AMACOMX
September 30th, 2012, 08:42 PM
from the ubuntu software center search for "gnome-panel"
thanks claracc that worked for me ... :3

claracc
October 1st, 2012, 05:43 AM
You are welcome.

Glad you got fixed your problem.

Please, mark the thread as solved with "thread tools" in the upper part of the page.