PDA

View Full Version : assit me for my firts step in programmming ..

djibrilcoulibaly
September 29th, 2012, 11:19 AM
hello ,

currently I'm still at the door on my way , no inside about programming .
means I'm 100% noob , and so ? why not try to ahead over my aspiration ? nothing .
this is my preocupation now . I want learn programming .
nothing's special there , but how to ? that's special . as you are there .
I think I could have some usefuladvices to begin learn my lesson .

I wanna know by what I have to start to learn programming ...
eyes on you for my first step :rolleyes::rolleyes:

PoxSpax
September 29th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Hi djibrilcoulibaly,

It seems your English is a little rough, so that could be a hindrance with some of the traditional ways of learning a programming language.

A good place to start though is to search for online guides to learning the programming language you are wishing to learn.

But the best way to really learn a language is probably a book.
This may even be better for you, as you should probably be able to find a book in your native language. Check at a library or a book store in the reference category, and you'll likely find a book for most major languages.

Also, if you're beginning then a good language to learn would be C, or C++. If you can wrap your head around one of those two, learning another language would be a breeze. Though if you want something easier to start with, maybe look at Java.

Regards

djibrilcoulibaly
September 29th, 2012, 11:47 AM
I've apprecited your first remark ..

It seems your English is a little rough, so that could be a hindrance with some of the traditional ways of learning a programming language.I working to improve ... about traditional ways can you show me one ?

CptPicard
September 29th, 2012, 02:43 PM
There is lots of information on this in the sticky thread:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1766253

I would suggest taking a look into Python first. It's a nicely-designed, consistent language that has very little incidental complexity that hinders getting "the point" as you learn. As a bonus it introduces all kinds of paradigms while retaining those qualities.

Just because C++ can be complex, does not mean fighting over all the little issues helps in the most optimal way in actually getting an understanding of programming...

shawnhcorey
September 29th, 2012, 03:02 PM
It's hard to learn programming in the abstract. Start learning a language, like Python, first. Practice doing algorithms in it. When you feel comfortable using it, re-do the algorithms in another language, like C or Java. Finally, re-do them in assembler. That should give you a well-rounded background in programming. :)

djibrilcoulibaly
September 29th, 2012, 03:27 PM
all is noted , and you will be informed steps by steps once began ...

shaaraddalvi
September 29th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Try to learn C/C++ or Java first, you will get to know the basic concepts like object oriented programming which are very much needed almost in every project.
Also, learning Python will free you from the restrictions like declaring data-types, so coding will be simple and you will be able to write clean and simple codes which will improve your confidence in programming.. :)

trent.josephsen
September 29th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Try to learn C/C++ or Java first, you will get to know the basic concepts like object oriented programming which are very much needed almost in every project.

This is not good advice. OOP is a complex topic and it is not needed in "almost every project". The basic principles of abstraction, modularity, etc. are just as easily learned without munging on classes, interfaces, method calling semantics, and so forth. Speaking as someone who learned it as a first language, Java in particular is a poor choice because the approach you must take in using it effectively is completely opposed to the best approach for learning. OOP in general isn't something I'd burden a beginner with.

Also, learning Python will free you from the restrictions like declaring data-types, so coding will be simple and you will be able to write clean and simple codes which will improve your confidence in programming.. :)

This is truth.

CptPicard
September 29th, 2012, 04:55 PM
trent is right regarding beginners and OOP; although once one does start learning OOP, Java is a good choice -- OOP is essentially a collection of design patterns you learn to employ in putting things together, and you mostly learn that by doing. Java's tools are excellent in mangling your OOP-code into shape quickly despite the language's verbosity, and thus give you faster exposure to the various ways you can design things.

Python's duck typing actually introduces OOP in a very nice way: your interfaces are always implicit in the objects' behaviour, and thus sort of arise spontaneously as you code. When moving into some static-typed OOP language, you can then just start explicitly naming things. I found the combination of static-typedness and OOP design to be the biggest hurdle to cross in my own learning process -- once I internalized the idea that OOP is just a type-system extension mechanism that binds functions to the calling object's type, things started moving along. But I plateaued for a long time back then.

WinterMadness
September 30th, 2012, 04:37 AM
if you want to start with c++ (c++ is fine for a starter, despite what some say)
http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/
after you understand everything there, start studying data structures and algorithms

djibrilcoulibaly
September 30th, 2012, 04:26 PM
you are greeted .

djibrilcoulibaly
October 6th, 2012, 03:49 AM
hello ,

I've not yet started learning language becoz I'm on linux wiki , but what you think about algorithm ?
some people advised to begin by learning it before any language , what you think here too ?

ofnuts
October 6th, 2012, 10:51 PM
hello ,

I've not yet started learning language becoz I'm on linux wiki , but what you think about algorithm ?
some people advised to begin by learning it before any language , what you think here too ?
They are usually learned together. Its hard to design algorithms if you can't test them by writing some code.

djibrilcoulibaly
October 7th, 2012, 05:52 PM
if I understood better to start learn language first and algo together .

CptPicard
October 7th, 2012, 06:07 PM
It's almost possible to learn pure algorithmics by just using math as your description language, but eventually you will want to resort to some kind of pseudocode.

Just start learning Python or something, the algorithms will come to you over time as you need more efficient solutions to problems.

djibrilcoulibaly
October 8th, 2012, 12:46 AM
It's almost possible to learn pure algorithmics by just using math as your description language, but eventually you will want to resort to some kind of pseudocode.

Just start learning Python or something, the algorithms will come to you over time as you need more efficient solutions to problems.

without think I follow what you said .. but not started yet I'm on Linux wiki currently