PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] I installed Xubuntu, but it aid downloading programs failed

princerameses
September 29th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Oh how I hate linux code; you have to read a 1,000 page book+ to know how to do the simplest of things. -_-
Anyway, It failed, I tried twice, so I went on to installing grub. It seems to be installed, but I am prompted after the restart to enter a command after entering my user and password.. I have the latest version of of xubuntu..

What do I do? -_-

2F4U
September 29th, 2012, 03:15 PM
To be honest, you post is very confusing to me.

Anyway, It failed, I tried twice, so I went on to installing grub.

What failed, what program did you try to install? Why would you install Grub, it will be installed during the Xubuntu installation?

princerameses
September 30th, 2012, 02:02 AM
It said, "installing programs" (or something like that) then it aid it failed and I can skip it if it keeps failing.

It looks like you people don't know what's gong on at all, so I might try installing something else.
This is why I hate linux, but hey, at least it's free..

jerrrys
September 30th, 2012, 03:34 AM
Instead of telling us what it did (which you are not very good at); copy and paste the error report to the forum.

princerameses
September 30th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Well, I was going by memory, so yeah.

I reinstalled everything and it did it again.
"[!!] Select and install software"
"Installation step failed"
"An installation step failed. You can try to run the failing item again from the menu, or skip it and choose something else. The failing step is: Select and install software"
The first time I went on to the next step: Installing GRUB.

jerrrys
September 30th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Thats not an error report. Thats again your own words and your still not giving a good description of whats going on.

http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Read that and try again.

jerrrys
September 30th, 2012, 04:44 PM
It looks like you people don't know what's gong on at all, so I might try installing something else.
This is why I hate linux

With comments like that, do you think people are going to want to help you?

No matter to me, goodbye

Toz
September 30th, 2012, 05:32 PM
"[!!] Select and install software"

Which version of Xubuntu and what install media are you using?

I think you may be trying to install using the alternate CD. Why not install using the Desktop CD? It's much more user-friendly and alot of this stuff is automated.