PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Gmail not working in Firefox

ssmaan
September 29th, 2012, 07:21 AM
Gmail stopped working in Firefox on 28 Sep 2012. Installed Chromium to read my mail. I do not like monopolies. I got away from Windows and Explorer, and now this? It has happened before in 2009.

NikTh
September 29th, 2012, 07:43 AM
Gmail , working just fine for me ..

Ubuntu 12.04.1 , firefox 15.0.1 .

What is the problem with yours ?

vasa1
September 29th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Gmail , working just fine for me ..

Ubuntu 12.04.1 , firefox 15.0.1 .

What is the problem with yours ?
Same here but Firefox 16.

eival
September 29th, 2012, 08:04 AM
what do you mean stopped working?

sometimes it loads slow, or it wont redirect after signing in back to the google page, so its just white.

but when i open a new tab with google im signed in and click on gmail and its fine.

that same redirect issue happens when trying to open links from my email too but that might also have to do with my TabMixPlus configurations which i normally get around by "open in new tab" rather than just click it.

trellis2
September 29th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Do you have any objections to using Google Chrome?? Did u try uninstall/reinstall???

Merrattic
September 29th, 2012, 12:52 PM
So Gmail is working, just not at first attempt on the link. Sounds as if an extension in firefox may be causing the problem. Try Help > Restart with Addons disabled to see if the problem goes away.

PryMaL
September 29th, 2012, 01:07 PM
I had a similar issue and found it to be plugins in Firefox. I now prefer to use Chrome and have had no further issues.

Check on Google if there any known issues with your plugins in Firefox and gmail is my best recomendation.