PDA

View Full Version : University Project - Apple survey

Hotsuma
September 28th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Hi!

I'm a student at Stockholm University and we're writing an essay about peoples opinions about Apple. We're looking for participants with different computing backgounds, so we would appreciate if you have time to answer 10 easy questions, you will remain anonymous.

http://sv.surveymonkey.com/s/K3TC3F2

Thank you for your help :)

(Sorry if I'm not allowed to post this here, feel free to delete this thread in that case)

lisati
September 29th, 2012, 09:27 AM
From the forum code of conduct:

While we are happy to serve as a resource for hints and for asking questions when you get stuck and need a little help, the Ubuntu Forums is not a homework service. Please do not post your homework assignments expecting someone else to do it for you. Any such threads will be taken offline and warnings or infractions may be issued.

lisati
September 30th, 2012, 02:07 AM
After some feedback from other forum staff, I've re-opened your thread.

cariboo
September 30th, 2012, 04:22 AM
To add what to lisati said, I moved the thread to the Cafe, as it isn't a support question.

cprofitt
September 30th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Took your survey, but it seemed as if it was aimed directly at Apple owners.

Mikeb85
September 30th, 2012, 08:07 PM
The questions are too biased towards Apple products. If it's for a University project, I'd think of less biased questions, instead of making the survey about Apple specifically, maybe make it about tech devices in general. Or if you want to compare preferences for brands, come up with more generalized questions that compare HOW people shop and decide on certain brands.

The wording of your survey is such that your result will be biased, and probably won't give an accurate market opinion.

xedi
September 30th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Also the survey assumes that you answer yes for the "Have you considered purchasing an Apple product in the future?" question.

MG&TL
September 30th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Your survey's:

a) Broken. When I submit my results I get "We hit an unexpected snag".

b) Partly in (German?) some other language than English. "Klar?".

Just sayin'. :)

Majorix
September 30th, 2012, 09:12 PM
You are in the wrong place, asking for opinion of Apple in a Linux forum :)

Lightstar
September 30th, 2012, 11:28 PM

I think there's a good number of people here who have iphones or ipods.
But to be fair, this poll should probably be asked in all three forums. MS forums, Linux, Apple.

If someone posts this only on apple fans forums, the results will obviously be biased

Linuxratty
October 1st, 2012, 12:05 AM

I agree. I have no interest in Apple and was very disappointed in the survey.

KiwiNZ
October 1st, 2012, 12:11 AM
If you don't like surveys about Apple, dont take the survey
If you don't like surveys' dont take the survey
If you have an issue with Apple, take it elsewhere this thread is not about that.