PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Lost All My Icons

gpeck157
September 28th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Help! I was in my CompizConfig Settings Manager, (I know, it's dangerous.) I went into Preferences. Then I went to Profile and changed from unity to Default. After a few seconds, I lost all my icons; evrything! I did a hard shut down then turned the system back on and went into recovery. I was able to get my icons back so I imediately went back into CompizConfig and went into Preferences and change it back to unity. I reboot to my normal boot selection but the icons are still gone. I can only function in recovery mode. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Well after doing some research on the Web, I found something that worked, at least so far it has. Open a terminal (I did this in recovery mode) and type in "unity --reset" no quotes. That made my computer screen jump all over the place, so I waited for it to settle down, then reboot to my normal boot selection. My icons were all back! Then, I did the same thing with my "normal" desktop, just to be certain, and again reboot. So far, I've had no more problems with my icons disappearing.