PDA

View Full Version : Just to make you more paranoid about Google

Mikeb85
September 27th, 2012, 02:14 AM
Look what they're doing now...

Google execs are facing arrests and charges because of the terrible crime of upholding people's freedom of speech in the face of governments who want to censure their opponents...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/sep/27/google-brazil-remove-youtube-video

I'll never understand why people continue to propagate the claim that Google is anti-privacy, anti-freedom and evil; they've done more than any corporation I can think of to try defending values like freedom of speech...

vexorian
September 27th, 2012, 02:25 AM
Paranoia is a mental illness, when you begin the thread by accusing google's opponents of such thing, you throw civility out of the window.

Mikeb85
September 27th, 2012, 02:46 AM
Paranoia is a mental illness, when you begin the thread by accusing google's opponents of such thing, you throw civility out of the window.

What does and doesn't constitute mental illness is another debate, but I would propose that paranoia is a state of mind, one that can be controlled, and not an illness. I would also propose that so called diseases such as 'alcoholism' and drug 'addiction' are also a choice and not a pre-existing condition that negates our responsibility to choose and control our own actions.

But anyhow, I would say that all the accusations I've seen around here concerning Google are quite far-fetched, with no basis in reality. Just thought I'd mention that they indeed to protect users' freedom, contrary to popular belief.

vasa1
September 27th, 2012, 03:01 AM
But anyhow, I would say that all the accusations I've seen around here concerning Google are quite far-fetched, with no basis in reality. Just thought I'd mention that they indeed to protect users' freedom, contrary to popular belief.
Well, they are far-fetched but they are based in reality. The reality is that most of the people criticizing Google may be unwittingly inspired by FUD created by those who consider Google a threat to their turf and their shills.

KiwiNZ
September 27th, 2012, 03:11 AM
This is political. Thread closed