PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installation Error

cc67
September 26th, 2012, 05:47 AM
I currently have Windows XP 32 bit. I have downloaded Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS 32 bit Desktop. I have two cd-roms and a 4gb usb stick.

As for the two cd roms, I used Infrarecorder I burned on one was the maximum speed and the other one was the slowest speed. When I inserted the one with the minimum speed and edited the bios settings to boot from cd, it works fine. I installed it on my empty one terabyte seagate external hard drive. But before it reaches the end of file transferring, it says, "failed to transfer file" or anything like that and says to clean my cd-rom or burn with the slowest speed. Then, it quited the installation and went to live mode. I shut down the computer after that and used the one with the maximum speed but the same results.

As for the usb stick, I used Universal USB installer and went to installation before the live mode. The same result happen to this one but after clicking ok, it doesn't go to live mode just sending the error to ubuntu.

Please help, I am new to ubuntu, this is my first download of linux.

By the way, I am using CD and not DVD. For the seagate expansion drive, it is USB 2.2. For the 4gb USB stick, it is USB 2.0. I am using desktop computer and not laptop.

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you. I am sorry but I forgot the error codes. I am sure the error codes between the cd-roms and the usb stick are different.