PDA

View Full Version : Gnome Shell 3.5.92 Can't Select Themes?

mpmistr
September 24th, 2012, 11:41 PM
Hey I'm running Ubuntu 12.10 Gnome Remix using Gnome Shell 3.5.92. I can't seem to select User themes any longer and it is now greyed out on extensions.gnome.org (which I suppose means the extension has not upgraded to the current GS version).

I set my shell theme in dconf editor but it's still showing the default gnome shell theme (which is atrocious). I am kind of curious if this is a bug or just a conflict with the gnome shell user theme extension and the new version of GS?

If it is that's fine since I know I'm not using a stable branch of GS but I was just curious. This happened on two of my PCs so I assume it would be affecting others who are using the latest Gnome Shell PPAs.

Frogs Hair
September 25th, 2012, 12:58 AM
I imagine it will take some time for themes and extensions to upgrade to 3.5 . The same has happened with all the Gnome Shell updates. When 12.10 is released there will begin a new cycle of updating themes.

mpmistr
September 25th, 2012, 01:34 AM
I imagine it will take some time for themes and extensions to upgrade to 3.5 . The same has happened with all the Gnome Shell updates. When 12.10 is released there will begin a new cycle of updating themes.

Hmm it was working in GS 3.5.91 but yeah I will most likely need to wait.