PDA

View Full Version : Can NetBeans have multiple projects open on different desktops?

bkann
September 23rd, 2012, 01:24 AM
Hi -

I'm giving NetBeans a try and so far I like it. Actually, I'd like to switch to it, but there is one notable feature that I haven't found that is a big usability/workflow hurdle for me. This questions hasn't gotten much play on the NB forums, so I'm hoping someone here might know how to do this...

Ultimately I would like to have (or an alternate to / equivalent of) two (or more) instances of NetBeans open at the same time, each with a different project, on different desktops.

For example, on Desktop #1 would be a terminal, Firefox, and NetBeans associated with Web site #1 that I'm working on, and on Desktop #2 would be a terminal, Firefox, and NetBeans associated with Web site #2 that I'm working on. I can then isolate my work and just Alt-Tab between the items on that one desktop more easily.

This is possible with Eclipse but I haven't found an equivalent with NetBeans. If it matters, this is principally for PHP development on Ubuntu using Gnome and Openbox and I'm using NetBeans 7.2.

Thanks very much in advance for any feedback!

tienlbhoc
September 23rd, 2012, 05:42 AM
I think you can't because netbean is only single instance. You can use netbean for desktop 1 and eclipse for desktop 2