PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] KDE Cube

Djreplay
September 22nd, 2012, 06:57 PM
Hi everyone,
I have having an odd issue. It is like there is a wallpaper behind my wallpaper. Whenever I use the cube to swap desktops, my main wallpaper fades (as it should) but I can see the existence of another wallpaper behind it. It is not causing any system issues... It is just really annoying.
Also it seems like whenever I shutdown, and X is closing I get a glimpse of it after my main wallpaper disappears.
Sorry of this sounds like a dumb question, I have looked everywhere to no avail with this.

Thanks in advance!

dodo3773
September 22nd, 2012, 09:52 PM
You issue is not as odd as you might think. Many people experience many bugs with compositing window managers. In the end I just switched to openbox and never looked back. Couldn't be happier. This is from a year ago but it may be worth taking a look at:

http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=92993

My recommendation to you is to go in and disable effects one at a time until you find the problem one or turn them all off and enable them one at a time until you find the problem one. That is probably going to be how you get this thing solved or find a real solution.