PDA

View Full Version : Problem with wireless

silveringking
September 22nd, 2012, 06:22 PM
(I posted this at linux mint forums).

Hello I have a problem, at my home I can access wireless with my Linux Mint version (13 I think, I have the most recent). Both sometimes outside home my wireless icon doesn't even start up with Linux Mint. With Windows in my residence (I'm at university) I can login with the residence connection, but the icon doesn't even start there. What can I do?

Update: I installed wicd and I tried to connect a network of a friend of mine, when it reaches authentication it doesn't connect anymore, it remains connected to mine but I can't connect with others.

NormanFLinux
September 24th, 2012, 12:45 AM
If a wireless network is password protected you can't login. You can login on a public network.

Do you have the password for login authentication? It should be stored automatically in the network manager when attempting a future network connection.

silveringking
September 25th, 2012, 09:59 PM
My home connection works very well and it has a password a long time ago. On the residence it didn't detect, then I installed wicd it does detect but it doesnt connect I think the wireless driver is broken and I don't know why because all works well on Windows (I don't have any network issues there). And yes I had all the passwords there. The only network it works is the one I already had (my home account).