PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Installing kubuntu-restricted-extras

pwabrahams
September 22nd, 2012, 12:31 AM
On one of my machines I'm running Kubuntu 12.04 (32 bit). I needed to install kubuntu-restricted-extras. I wanted to do it with Synaptic, but I couldn't figure out what deb line needed to be added to the repository list. (It of course had to start with deb and include kubuntu-restricted-extras, but I didn't know what else was needed.)

So I tried doing it directly with sudo apt-get install kubuntu-restricted-extras. That seemed to go all right at first, but then I had a truetype licensing page come up on the screen -- with no indication of how to accept it. At the bottom it said <OK>, but pressing Enter didn't make it go away.

So I have two questions:

1. What would be the correct deb line?

2. How can I get past that pageful of licensing text?

jerrrys
September 22nd, 2012, 03:57 AM
Thought that got fixed, guess not

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1709419

whatthefunk
September 22nd, 2012, 04:20 AM
Im pretty sure that to accept the licencing agreement, you need to press one of the arrow keys to highlight the OK field and then enter.

pwabrahams
September 22nd, 2012, 06:05 AM
I tried reinstalling kubuntu-restricted-extras, but since it was already installed, nothing happened. So I never had the opportunity to test your suggestion. But thanks anyway!!

oldos2er
September 22nd, 2012, 04:54 PM
Try
sudo dpkg --configure -a

kubuntu-restricted-extras is in the multiverse repository, which should be enabled by default in /etc/apt/sources.list