PDA

View Full Version : Another massive hole in IE (7, 8, and 9), what next?!...

blackbird34
September 21st, 2012, 02:15 PM
This really takes the biscuit. What a bunch of clowns.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/internet-explorer-users-vulnerable-huge-security-hole-updates/ :lolflag:

BrokenKingpin
September 21st, 2012, 03:09 PM
Software has bugs, get over it. It is not like Linux or Linux software has never had security holes. I dislike IE, and a lot of MS products, but as a software developer I completely understand how things slip through the cracks. IE has actually gotten a lot better over the years in terms of security.

forrestcupp
September 21st, 2012, 03:48 PM
I guess we'll have to go back to IE6. :)

robtygart
September 21st, 2012, 03:58 PM
I used IE up until I switched to Linux, I tried Firefox way back when and did not like it at all, now thats all I use.

Welly Wu
September 21st, 2012, 07:27 PM
The security update patch is available right now. I just patched my Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer 9.x.

All software has flaws. Do you remember when Ubuntu allowed anyone to gain root access without the root password a few years ago?

I use Opera now. It is a minority player in the web browser market and it has the features that I like to use.

synaptix
September 21st, 2012, 07:28 PM
I guess we'll have to go back to IE6. :)

or go up to IE10 in Windows 8.

Jakin
September 22nd, 2012, 12:40 AM
My virtual box install of Windows XP is at risk when updating :lolflag:

forrestcupp
September 22nd, 2012, 03:27 AM
I don't even remember the last time I used IE.

AllRadioisDead
September 22nd, 2012, 06:59 AM
On with the name calling! IE9/10 are great browsers, maybe not as flexible as Chrome or Firefox but more than enough for the average user. It performs well, it's minimal, and has a fairly light footprint. At the very least, I would say that it's on par with Safari.

As for the security hole, get over it. They acknowledge and fixed it in a timely manner. What more do you want from them? Every browser has suffered from a security exploit at one point or another.

blackbird34
September 22nd, 2012, 11:36 AM
Oh, merde, I didn't mean to use that kind of tone... I'm no dev, i was just surprised at how bad it seemed to be...

I guess we'll have to go back to IE6. :smile:

Or Firefox 1.0 :D

litiform
October 12th, 2012, 09:33 PM
amazing anyone still uses IE.