PDA

View Full Version : Traffic Court Advice Requested

mamamia88
September 19th, 2012, 09:23 PM
So I had an accident a month ago. The official charge is inproper passing. My car insurance paid for the guys repairs. I have traffic court in the morning and have no idea what to expect. I know my chances of convincing anyone that it wasn't my fault are slim to none. I don't feel like wasting my time by going to trial if there really is no way that i'll win. Personally I'd be happy if i could get the fine lowered and not plead guilty. If i just explained to the judge that i don't want to drag this on indefinitely would he be lenient? Also listed on the webpage for ticket fees there is something called a docket for $50. Is that a court fee? Or something else? Why should i pay a court fee if appearance is mandatory and i already got a ticket?

Porcini M.
September 19th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Appearance is not necessarily mandatory - on a lot of tickets, you can just plead guilty on the ticket itself & mail it in with the fine.

Sometimes just by showing up at court & pleading your case will get you a reduced charge and/or fine. It depends on the judge I guess.

mamamia88
September 19th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Appearance is not necessarily mandatory - on a lot of tickets, you can just plead guilty on the ticket itself & mail it in with the fine.

Sometimes just by showing up at court & pleading your case will get you a reduced charge and/or fine. It depends on the judge I guess.
well apparently the appearance is mandatory for me and googling the judge gave me
http://posttrib.suntimes.com/news/lake/6260402-418/hammond-city-court-judge-accused-of-misuse-of-ticket-program.html so i don't know how lucky i'll be

Porcini M.
September 19th, 2012, 10:13 PM
well apparently the appearance is mandatory for me and googling the judge gave me
http://posttrib.suntimes.com/news/lake/6260402-418/hammond-city-court-judge-accused-of-misuse-of-ticket-program.html so i don't know how lucky i'll be

Just be polite & respectful, and hope for the best.

KiwiNZ
September 19th, 2012, 10:14 PM
This is not the place to get Legal advise, you should talk to the Court or a suitably qualified person.

Thread closed