PDA

View Full Version : Welll.... Google/Motorolla hasasked ITC to ban pretty much everything Apple

Primefalcon
September 19th, 2012, 07:27 PM
for real

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2012/09/motorola-asks-itc-to-ban-every-mac-ipad-and-most-iphones

You know I have to say, with how Apple has been pushing Steve Jobs term of going thermonuclear on Android... and Google doing nothing about it until now......

Though I hate patent wars......... With how sue happy they are, I'd love to see Apple blasted to literal hell on this one!

Mikeb85
September 19th, 2012, 07:37 PM
for real

arstechnica.com/apple/2012/09/motorola-asks-itc-to-ban-every-mac-ipad-and-most-iphones

You know I have to say, with how Apple has been pushing Steve Jobs term of going thermonuclear on Android... and Google doing nothing about it until now......

Though I hate patent wars......... With how sue happy they are, I'd love to see Apple blasted to literal hell on this one!

Well at least this has the potential to be fair and not politically motivated, as Google and Motorola are both American companies...

synaptix
September 19th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Apple = banned.

Nothing of value would be lost.

KiwiNZ
September 19th, 2012, 07:59 PM
I disagree with the Apple sue everyone. I disagree with the Google action as well.

They all need to stop this rubbish and get on with providing good technology by putting the litigation budget into R&D.

If Apple, Samsung, Google,HTC are banned there is a big loss to the consumer.

Primefalcon
September 19th, 2012, 08:12 PM
I disagree with the Apple sue everyone. I disagree with the Google action as well.

They all need to stop this rubbish and get on with providing good technology by putting the litigation budget into R&D.

Thing is unless Apple are slapped down hard like this.... they're going to keep doing it, and doing it, until they're the only ones allowed to sell hardware.

BigSilly
September 19th, 2012, 08:22 PM

Thing is unless Apple are slapped down hard like this.... they're going to keep doing it, and doing it, until they're the only ones allowed to sell hardware.

Hmm, I agree with both of you. But for me, it's not going to get better if Google just sit around and hope for the best. They are going to have to do something, and I guess this is a start.

Such a load of silliness though isn't it?

KiwiNZ
September 19th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Tit for tat will keep on going and going and going.......

All these companies need to be declared vexatious litigants and this child like behaviour stopped.

Tombgeek
September 19th, 2012, 08:27 PM

I don't like it either, nor does anyone else with common sense (read everyone except Apple's iSheep and lawyers). However, I believe this is a necessary evil on behalf of Google in order to teach Tim Cook and Apple a lesson.

It's the same concept in real life: a bully will only stop bullying once someone fights back, wins and causes humiliation. If Apple loses to Motorola and Google, they'll eventually stop suing others.

I just hope that Google encourages a rethinking in the patent system, because this is getting ridiculous.

aysiu
September 19th, 2012, 08:45 PM
I don't blame Apple, Google, or any of these corps. Blame the game, not the players.

If the patent office didn't award patents for unoriginal or vague things, there wouldn't be a problem. If the courts didn't uphold ridiculous patents, there wouldn't be a problem.

Primefalcon
September 19th, 2012, 08:46 PM
The problem in reality is the patent system, as always if something is abusable someone will abuse it.... as shown by all the patent trolls (apple included in this)...

What really needs to happen is the patent system killed or at least reformed... as it stands.... its a broken mess....

But barring patent reform.... Google did need to get involved on this... Apples been going after Android vendors one after another

KiwiNZ
September 19th, 2012, 08:49 PM
I don't blame Apple, Google, or any of these corps. Blame the game, not the players.

If the patent office didn't award patents for unoriginal or vague things, there wouldn't be a problem. If the courts didn't uphold ridiculous patents, there wouldn't be a problem.

I disagree, use of the broken system is not compulsory, they are avid users of the system.

KiwiNZ
September 19th, 2012, 08:53 PM
The problem in reality is the patent system, as always if something is abusable someone will abuse it.... as shown by all the patent trolls (apple included in this)...

What really needs to happen is the patent system killed or at least reformed... as it stands.... its a broken mess....

But barring patent reform.... Google did need to get involved on this... Apples been going after Android vendors one after another

Escalation begats escalation and so on, the courts don't help with their hrmmm strange decisions. At the end of it all the consumer is the loser.

alexfish
September 19th, 2012, 11:50 PM
Most of this is standard protocol PPP.

perhaps they have all forgot. There again seems to be popular Trend , this Method of.

and as for the the likes of.

5. A method for providing continuity between a plurality of messaging clients as recited in claim 1 wherein the second messaging client operates within a mobile device, wherein in the transferring step the transfer of the plurality of client data is in response to a movement of the mobile device.

Method of, make your mobile last for ever.
Put the plurality of dam thing in a bucket of water , put said bucket in a plurality of liquid nitrogen.

Still say two tin cans are better than | all the rest

KiwiNZ
September 19th, 2012, 11:52 PM
Still say two tin cans are better than | all the rest

Apple has a patent on two tin cans :p

Glencore
September 20th, 2012, 12:07 AM
It's escalates further. Maybe they will realise this stupid and change the system when a company gets taken out by a ridiculous patent like this.

synaptix
September 20th, 2012, 12:11 AM
It's escalates further. Maybe they will realise this stupid and change the system when a company gets taken out by a ridiculous patent like this.

Are you referring to Apple here?

KiwiNZ
September 20th, 2012, 12:27 AM
Are you referring to Apple here?

It does not matter what company, the system is broken.

Mikeb85
September 20th, 2012, 12:52 AM
It does not matter what company, the system is broken.

Which is why there should be no patents on anything. Not saying it should be a free for all, I'm still for copyrights and forms of IP protection, but 'patents' as we know them simply hamper innovation, encourage trolling, and can be extended for simple 'ideas' with or without a specific implementation or device ever being built...

vexorian
September 20th, 2012, 01:21 AM
I'll point my finger towards the company whose main intention in this was to "start a thermonuclear war" against a competitor.

KiwiNZ
September 20th, 2012, 01:25 AM
I'll point my finger towards the company whose main intention in this was to "start a thermonuclear war" against a competitor.

There were many doing it well before Apple, it is also not restricted to IT either.

vexorian
September 20th, 2012, 01:32 AM
There were many doing it well before Apple, it is also not restricted to IT either.
Yeah, but to paraphrase a wise man's words "use of the broken system is not compulsory".

QIII
September 20th, 2012, 01:45 AM
Patent infringement litigation is a source of revenue - for the winner. The various court systems that have allowed themselves to be hijacked by this sort of asinine feeding frenzy are doing the consumer no favors.

Frivolous lawsuits based on nebulous and deliberately vague patents should simply be thrown out by the court.

It's not Apple or Google that are ultimately at fault. Generating revenue is what businesses do.

Lawyers feed best when unfettered in an ambiguous environment.

Lightstar
September 20th, 2012, 03:32 AM
Ban all technology!
Bring back books, pencils, snail mail, rotary dial phones and typewriters.

Yay!

synaptix
September 20th, 2012, 03:42 AM
Ban all technology!
Bring back books, pencils, snail mail, rotary dial phones and typewriters.

These are technology too. :)

alexfish
September 20th, 2012, 04:36 AM
Apple has a patent on two tin cans :p
BAH ,

That got me thinking

me thinks you wrong.;)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2202623/Fridges-pasteurised-milk-tin-cans-list-inventions-changed-way-eat.html

There is one missing use for the tin can on the list, but there be a nice picky

guess what?

and it ain't an apple two finger scroll:

Thought Churchhill was the Inventor of that one. :lolflag:

Happy days :p

KiwiNZ
September 20th, 2012, 04:52 AM
Prior art

alexfish
September 20th, 2012, 05:12 AM
Prior art

If that be the latest add on for the next Isuper patented phone

then your on a winner :guitar:

PS: there be water all over the gents:

KiwiNZ
September 20th, 2012, 05:29 AM
Oh dear what can the matter be
three old geeks got trapped in the iCan
they were there for a week last saturday
Nobody knew the swipe code

alexfish
September 20th, 2012, 06:06 AM
Oh dear what can the matter be
three old geeks got trapped in the iCan
they were there for a week last saturday
Nobody knew the swipe code

never mind pass this to them

KiwiNZ
September 20th, 2012, 06:11 AM
Very iCool, but can it deal with this .......

Oh dear, what can the matter be?
I'm scairt tae go tae the ilavat'ry.
I've no been since two weeks last Saturday.
I know who's hidin' in there!

My name's Shug McGlumpher and I live up this close.
I'll tell ye a story. I promise it's nae boast.
During the power cut, I saw a big ghost.
Naebody knows that he's there.

Oh dear, what can the matter be?
I'm scairt tae go tae the ilavat'ry.
I've no been since two weeks last Saturday.
I know who's hidin' in there!

He'd two Apples eyes. On his head was iPhone, man;
Big hairy Earpods, and his neck was all bent, man.
My mammy says he sounds just like the Geek man,
But I know who's hiding in there.