PDA

View Full Version : [edubuntu] Folders missing?

UnhappyGhost
September 19th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Hello Team and members,

Straight away posting the issue!!

I have Windows 7 and Ubuntu 12.04 as dual boot and on the same HDD (500GB)
I have partitioned the drive into NTFS file system from Windows before I installed
edubuntu 12.04 in the remaining free space.

Now, there is a drive(G) accessible through Windows and has few folders.

-- I boot into Edubuntu and create a folder "LinTor" and download movies and few software
from torrentz. Before i download it showed 49GB free out of 62GB. After all the downloads
it showed 31GB free out of 62GB.

-- Then I boot into Windows and i couldn't find this "LinTor" folder. I wondered that might be happening as I hibernate Edubuntu (using SUDO PM-HIBERNATE) and then boot into windows. I then create another folder in the same drive(G) with the name "001" to check if this was accessible from Edubuntu.

-- Now i reboot into Edubuntu to find that "LinTor" folder has disappeared and "001" folder wasn't showing up either. Surprisingly, the drive size still shows 31GB free out of 62GB but when i check it from Windows it shows 49GB free of 62GB.

====There is one thing i would like to mention. When i was trying to unmount the NTFS drive(G) from Edubuntu before booting into Windows, it prompt me with this msg "Do you want to empty the trash before you unmount the drive. Once the trash is emptied the data is permanently deleted and cannot be recovered"

Please help me understand what could be the problem and how do i recover the missing folder.