PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Install third party packages after Ubuntu setup

Vuk Serbia
September 18th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Hi there,

I have installed Ubuntu 12.04 without internet connection from USB live disk, so I didn't get third party software, and other packages that would come if i had internet connection.

Is it possible to install all those packages once setup is finished.
I have installed Ubuntu while traveling so I had no internet connection, but now i have stable access to internet.

Thank you in advance

cortman
September 18th, 2012, 09:40 PM
If you have internet access, you can open up the Ubuntu Software Center and install programs from there. It's as simple as clicking "Install".
If you don't have internet access, it gets a bit trickier. There are a number of ways you can install offline; using Synaptic, Keryx, etc. I even wrote little vb program for downloading .deb files for offline installation, which is what I use.

Vuk Serbia
September 18th, 2012, 09:46 PM
That's ok,
but I was wondering if I could install all of packages, that I would get through Ubuntu installation process

Vuk Serbia
September 18th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Could it maybe be:

sudo apt-get install ubuntu-restricted-addons?

cortman
September 19th, 2012, 02:45 AM
That's ok,
but I was wondering if I could install all of packages, that I would get through Ubuntu installation process

You want to do what?
If you installed Ubuntu, it comes with all the packages that Ubuntu comes with, regardless of whether or not you were online when you installed it.
Or are you referring to multimedia codecs? If so you want

sudo apt-get install ubuntu-restricted-extras