PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Problems with 12.04 64-bit install.

anthony870
September 15th, 2012, 05:51 PM
I am quite new to ubuntu (especially this version) and havent truely used it since version 7. I figure with windows 8 coming out its as good a time as any to start looking for a replacement os.

So last night I decided to get back into Ubuntu and install it along side of my windows 7. I stuck in an old 40gb harddrive I had laying around and started the install. all seemed to install fine. but for some reason my mouse will not work properly. I have a cyborg RAT 5 mouse. It will work on the dash home menu but that is it. if i am on any other window i cant left click or right click or even use scroll wheel.

also i did manage to get nvidia installed but its an old version according to their website and i cant get dual screen activated without mouse. i downloaded the new version but cant seem to get it installed at all. and due to overscanning on my hdtv i cant see all the menus or complete dash bar.

I would appreciate any help anyone could give with these problems. and will probably have more come up.

anthony870
September 16th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Oh and my system specs are as follows.

MSI Big Bang Fuzion motherboard
I5 760 cpu overclocked to 4.0ghz
16gb 1600mhz Corsair Vengence ram
Palit Nvidia 460 2gb
XFX 8800 GT 512mb
120gb SanDisk ssd (win 7)
Samsung 2tb (programs and games)
Seagate 1tb (backup storage)
Western Digital 40gb (linux ubuntu)
Cyborg RAT 5 mouse
Logitech G110 Keyboard

I have ordered a Samsung 320gb hard drive for linux but figured until it comes in i would use the 40gb to see if i could get the dual boot going.

oldos2er
September 16th, 2012, 04:45 PM
A bit of googling brought up this: http://techspheria.com/2011/02/how-to-fix-saitek-cyborg-rat-series-mice-in-ubuntu/