PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] How do I change unity icons System Settings vs Advance Settings

afulldeck
September 15th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Can you tell the difference?

On is System Settings the other is Advance Settings. Does anyone know how to change these icons? Even if the wrench was at 11:00 instead of 1 o'clock would improve the situation.

Thanks.

Frogs Hair
September 15th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Even with different icon sets such as Faenza or Faience they are the same. I access system settings from the menu under my name because it allows for another icon on the panel. The Gnome Shell has access in a similar location.

afulldeck
September 15th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Even with different icon sets such as Faenza or Faience they are the same. I access system settings from the menu under my name because it allows for another icon on the panel. The Gnome Shell has access in a similar location.

Well I didn't notice that, but I see it now. Guess I will eliminate System setting from Unity and solve my immediate double click problem. So a question to the decision maker or designer of System Settings and Advance Settings. Please take this as a critique for improvement and not a criticism against the hard work that was done.....Why not have different icons? I can see no reason for them to be the same, but I can say if they are the same they are confusing. BTW, is there an official place to highlight these type of improvements. I don't consider this a bug, but a very, (very) small design flaw.

Frogs Hair
September 15th, 2012, 09:01 PM
You can suggest a change be made to the official Ubuntu icons here.
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/

I have alacarte installed which includes the main menu application for Ubuntu so it is easy to change the icon. Opening launcher properties selecting the icon image and navigating to a folder with the image of my choice is all that is required.