PDA

View Full Version : Lotus Symphony

Linux_junkie
September 15th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Just been reading about Lotus Sympathy and am interested in trying it out, however, as I only have poor internet connection I don't want to download such a large file only to find that its not as good as Libre/Open Office.

I've read that the latest vesion has had included some functions of OpenOffice, does this mean that it on a par with Libre/Open Office or have Lotus (IBM) created a better product than Libre/Open Office?

tienlbhoc
September 15th, 2012, 12:43 PM
I used lotus last year, this is bigger and slower, have a vertical bar have some commmon control.
I think libreoffice is better and update faster.

forrestcupp
September 15th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Lotus Symphony has some pretty awesome features.

The main thing I don't like is that everything uses the same interface, so you can't set your custom window sizes for different things, like the spreadsheet and word processor. I like my spread sheet window to not be maximized because I mainly use it for a custom budget sheet that doesn't take up the whole screen. With LS, everything uses the same interface and window.

But it really does have some good features in the word processor. It's probably worth the download to check it out.