PDA

View Full Version : Need help with calendar for site I'm developing

Marlonsm
September 14th, 2012, 12:56 AM
Hey, I'm working on a site for a research group, and I'd like to have a calendar where all members can post new tasks and check ones already done.
The calendar would be placed in the restricted area of the site, so there is no need for permissions like "read only" or "read and edit".
I don't have many details about the server it will be running. But I do know it has a very good support of php and has MySQL installed and disk space is not a problem.

Does anyone know about any project like that? I've already seem some, but I'd like to have an opinion from someone else.

Thanks in advance!

Marlonsm
September 21st, 2012, 11:39 PM
Bump

fatality_uk
September 23rd, 2012, 10:41 PM
For me this is the best, most featured and easiest calendar out there.

http://arshaw.com/fullcalendar/

I used it on an number of large scale projects. You can link in Google calendar and has many views and plugins. Also in can be linked to MySQL database easily enough!

Marlonsm
September 26th, 2012, 03:05 AM
Thanks! I'll give it a try, but it seems to fit what it need!

forrestcupp
September 26th, 2012, 12:19 PM
I use Google Calendar for that. It can generate code to plug into your web site. It's pretty easy to use, but I have some complaints about it. On your web site, if the day's box is too small to fit all of your text, it won't word wrap, so the entry only shows what will fit in the box. They used to allow you to put a <br> tag in the title so you could manually make it fit, but they stopped allowing that.

But other than that complaint, it is pretty easy to use for collaboration.

Marlonsm
September 29th, 2012, 04:34 PM
The problem I found with Google Calendar is that I didn't find a way for uses to insert new events directly from the site. Apart from that it'd be perfect for me.

Thanks.