PDA

View Full Version : GoDaddy has been hacked. Millions of servers affected!

simpleblue
September 10th, 2012, 10:22 PM
Been down for about 4 hours or so. A guy claiming to be from the group anonymous is claiming responsibility.

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2012/09/10/every-godaddy-registered-site-temporarily-offline/

This is making TV headlines. Big news. :D

" We are experiencing problems. We understand this is impacting some customers and we take this situation very seriously.

Everyone at GoDaddy.com is working to restore all sites affected by this outage as soon as possible.

Please see updates on Twitter.com by following @GoDaddy or on Facebook.

Thank you for your patience."

The message may still be on their main site:
http://www.godaddy.com/

KiwiNZ
September 10th, 2012, 10:26 PM
I really wish they could get those numpty's that pull this garbage, throw them inside and seize what ever assets they have to cover some of the damage they have done. .:mad:

sffvba[e0rt
September 10th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Ha, my site is still up... take that :mad:

Silly sausages.

QIII
September 10th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Punks with spray cans. Pats on the back all around from their PFY haxor buddies gives such an adolescent rush.

Never mind that they cause real damage to real people.

tonyd33fan
September 10th, 2012, 11:25 PM
is this an attempt by godaddy to get more twitter followers and facebook likes? who would want to hack godaddy? whats the purpose? just for kicks thing? so they can say hey look what i did?

simpleblue
September 10th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Whats interesting is that GoDaddy's customer service hotline appears to be down too. Maybe they don't want to talk to pissed off customers? Maybe they don't want customers to cut their service and so they are waiting until service is back up? In any event they could as least answer the phones.

Terrible company. Even supports SOPA piracy act.

KiwiNZ
September 10th, 2012, 11:29 PM
Whats interesting is that GoDaddy's customer service hotline appears to be down too. Maybe they don't want to talk to pissed off customers? Maybe they don't want customers to cut their service and so they are waiting until service is back up? In any event they could as least answer the phones.

Terrible company. Even supports SOPA piracy act.

I would guess that their phone system is overloaded.

Primefalcon
September 10th, 2012, 11:35 PM
My 3 domains seem to be back up

QIII
September 10th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Does this mean mote Danica Patrick commercials to get people liking them again?

I have a thing for gals in fire retardant clothing...

drmrgd
September 11th, 2012, 12:23 AM
My site's still live too. I'm wondering if they just hit the Godaddy site and not the servers they use for hosting. Still, it's a bit silly. I'm not sure what these folks are trying to accomplish and what message they're trying to send. I'm sure whatever the message, it's not really being heard loud and clear.

Lightstar
September 11th, 2012, 12:52 AM
My site's still live too. I'm wondering if they just hit the Godaddy site and not the servers they use for hosting. Still, it's a bit silly. I'm not sure what these folks are trying to accomplish and what message they're trying to send. I'm sure whatever the message, it's not really being heard loud and clear.

They probably hit Godaddy because that company supported SOPA and online censorship. Those hackers are often like (online) protesters, roadblocking (online) traffic.

Personally I wont discuss politics :x (Thanks for the reminder ;))

KiwiNZ
September 11th, 2012, 01:04 AM
Please keep politics out of this discussion.

Code of conduct.....

"Politics and Religion: These two topics have caused serious problems in the past and are now forbidden topics in the forums. Please find another venue to exercise your freedom of speech on these topics."