PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse And Netbeans IDE. Java.

Drenriza
September 10th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Hey guys.

So i'am wondering. What does Java developers use at the high levels. Is Eclipse better suited after the beginning stages when your starting to get more in debt with Java, and Netbeans better suited for the beginning when starting to learn.

I have learned about Java for a little while now, and would like to get more into Android and Blackberry OS 10 development. But from what i can tell, their is better plugin support for Eclipse in that regard than with Netbeans. Or am i mistaken?

Anyways. You learn each day, and hopefully i learn something new today again.

Thanks on advance.
Kind regards.

tienlbhoc
September 10th, 2012, 02:04 PM
I don't know but I like netbean better.
I coded java swing (desktop) with netbean and code java application with eclipse (android sdk don't suppost good in netbean).

eclipse have many plugin but netbean is stable.
If you must use some plugins in eclipse, choose eclipse, if not, choose netbean.

muteXe
September 10th, 2012, 02:10 PM
eclipse have many plugin but netbean is stable.

My eclispe is stable, so i'm not sure what you're on about?

I've had to use netbeans in my old job, and eclipse in my current job. I would say (in my opinion), that I prefer eclipse a lot more, but at the same time I don't dislike netbeans either.

CptPicard
September 10th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Eclipse has loads of third-party plugins, but oftentimes those plugins are broken and/or don't work well together. Netbeans is, on the other hand wonderfully integrated, but you might not find a plugin for everything. It's your choice. :)

tienlbhoc
September 10th, 2012, 02:22 PM
eclipse with adt (android), i don't know but sometimes have some stupid errors , must restart, some time, when i change code, it show new error with long delay.

trent.josephsen
September 10th, 2012, 03:26 PM
I have used both, not very extensively, and I will say that while Eclipse was a bit more polished, I liked Netbeans better. But that's all it is, really -- I liked Netbeans better. Try them both and use what you like.

ofnuts
September 10th, 2012, 03:45 PM
I don't do much Swing stuff those days, but in days of yore, Eclipse and Swing development didn't go along very well (Eclipse doesn't use Swing but SWT) and Netbeans was the only usable IDE. For Java server stuff however, Eclipse may be a better choice.

CptPicard
September 10th, 2012, 04:56 PM
For Java server stuff however, Eclipse may be a better choice.

I probably wouldn't say so... Netbeans integrates the server you code against way better IMO.