PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Questions about two things in Xubuntu

lou002
September 9th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Hello all!

I have finally settled on a distro--xubuntu. I love the way it's designed and I love how lowkey it is. I even changed the panel so it's on the bottom like windows.

Anyway, I had two quick questions:

1. Can I map the Windows/Super button (the one the logos on it) to the applications menu?

2. Is there away to enable the middle mouse button/scroll wheel to be able to drag and scroll? I can scroll with it but I mean hold down the middle button and then moving the mouse to scroll

I've tried googling and didn't find anything myself; I come here only as a very last resort. If I came here otherwise, I'd be clogging up the boards lol

Thank you in advance.

vasa1
September 9th, 2012, 01:02 PM
1. Can I map the Windows/Super button (the one the logos on it) to the applications menu?
I hope someone answers you! All I could find was this:

My windows button does not work in the Keyboard Settings > Shortcuts.

The windows button (also known as the superkey) not working as a modifier is related to the toolkit, GTK+ in the case of Xfce. If you want to have the windows-key working we recommend you to upgrade GTK+ to at least version 2.10.0.

I don't know whether that is out-of-date or not.

LewisTM
September 9th, 2012, 01:48 PM
In Xfce 4.10, the Super key alone can be mapped to command

xfce4-popup-applicationsmenu
https://launchpad.net/~xubuntu-dev/+archive/xfce-4.10

I don't think you can set the middle button for drag and scroll in a general way. This must be set by the application, not the desktop environment. For instance it works in evince, the PDF viewer.

Cheers!

december0123
September 9th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Hello all!
2. Is there away to enable the middle mouse button/scroll wheel to be able to drag and scroll? I can scroll with it but I mean hold down the middle button and then moving the mouse to scroll

In firefox settings go to advanced and search for "Use autoscrolling" or something like that.

cmcanulty
September 9th, 2012, 11:11 PM
very cool can I get the same effect in gnome classic with a command to make super key open a menu like that?