PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Impossible to enable Bluetooth (even though the hardware is on)

recent convert
September 8th, 2012, 12:44 AM
Hi! I'm having a problem that I see is quite common, but I still can't find an answer in the forums.
I just installed Ubuntu 12.04 (dual boot, kept Windows just in case) on my new Acer Aspire One 756-877. As soon as I installed it I also installed the Broadcom driver, since wifi wasn't working, and that solved it right away. But when I tried Bluetooth, I had a problem that I see is quite recurring:

-The hardware is on (and working fine under Windows)
-The icon shows up on the menu, giving me the options of turning Bluetooth on or off, and then just "Bluetooth preferences".

-I can apparently turn it on that way, which only lights up the icon but makes no difference at all (and doesn't give any other options in the Bluetooth menu)
-When I open "Bluetooth preferences" (whether Bluetooth is apparently on or off, it makes no difference), it says it's disabled and will not let me slide the button to enable it. I've rebooted, but nothing happens. -The material is Broadcom and the port (if it's relevant at all) is Port_#0001.Hub_#0003
I tried the following commands suggested in other similar questions, with no result at all:

sudo dmesg | grep blue and
sudo service bluetooth start and
sudo /etc/init.d/bluetooth start

Any other clues on what I can do? Thanks for your time!

recent convert
September 10th, 2012, 04:17 PM
(By the way, when I said that the commands gave no result, what I meant to say is that they say that it is already working)