PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Forums Menu:: Firefox Extension

fridayxiii
June 28th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Don't know how many of the forum members knew, but there's a new extension for Firefox that adds an Ubuntu Forums menu to Firefox. Ubuntu Forums Menu 0.31 (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2302/)

It's a great extension, simply adding a new menu to Fx w/links to the different sub-forums (Absolute Beginner Talk, Hardware Help, etc.), Search, user CP, Wiki, etc. It's easy to use & has quick links to a lot of the different resources I have yet to bookmark, and now don't have to. :KS

The extension was posted 06.20 & I had yet to see a thread here so I thought I'd throw it out for everyone. :-\"

ubuntu-geek
June 28th, 2006, 04:23 PM
cool saves me from starting this thread.. :)

matthew
June 28th, 2006, 04:29 PM
That is awesome!!

joselin
June 28th, 2006, 04:44 PM
Great!!!

ELD
June 28th, 2006, 05:51 PM
haha that's neat

bruce89
June 28th, 2006, 05:53 PM
You can now slow down firefox even more.

It is interesting though, but I can't use it.

adam.tropics
July 3rd, 2006, 12:25 PM
You can now slow down firefox even more.

It is interesting though, but I can't use it.

I am sure you have a permanent search somewhere for 'firefox'!
Each to their own, but Epiphany uses its share of XML too (XUL not too far off), so just to keep you thouroughly amused, yes, you guessed it, it's coming to you too!. Not as is, it will have to just be a convenient bookmarks file to import (XML, would you credit it!), but otherwise the same idea minus the context menu. Plus the next release already supports Flock, Mozilla, SeaMonkey, and Firefox. I figure if I can slow everyones' browsing down (not just the poor unconverted firefox faithfulls) we might take some pressure off the forum servers! Seriously though, it's just a bit of a learning experience for me, and beats doing yet another 'hello, world'. If people use it, great, if not, well, I'm still learning, so great also.

bruce89
July 3rd, 2006, 12:31 PM
I am sure you have a permanent search somewhere for 'firefox'!
Each to their own, but Epiphany uses its share of XML too (XUL not too far off), so just to keep you thouroughly amused, yes, you guessed it, it's coming to you too!. Not as is, it will have to just be a convenient bookmarks file to import (XML, would you credit it!), but otherwise the same idea minus the context menu. Plus the next release already supports Flock, Mozilla, SeaMonkey, and Firefox. I figure if I can slow everyones' browsing down (not just the poor unconverted firefox faithfulls) we might take some pressure off the forum servers! Seriously though, it's just a bit of a learning experience for me, and beats doing yet another 'hello, world'. If people use it, great, if not, well, I'm still learning, so great also.
If only you'd do a python one for Epiphany as well.

adam.tropics
July 3rd, 2006, 12:35 PM
Yeah ok, hello world here we go again! Will look into it.

bruce89
July 3rd, 2006, 12:38 PM
Yeah ok, hello world here we go again! Will look into it.
Writing Epiphany Extensions (http://www.gnome.org/projects/epiphany/documentation/extensions/index.html) might help.