PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] LTSP - PXE - trying to load pxelinux.cfg/default

fusionp
September 5th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Hi all, just searching for some help on what to check on my ltsp setup. I have configured my ltsp server with dhcp, and can verify that it is working as I have connected a laptop to the lan and receive the correct IP address and details.

However when I connect my thin client, it boots, receives it's IP, then begins loading, I receive the below message, however it does not progress from here.

Trying to load: pxelinux.cfg/default ok

These are the steps I followed.

"
sudo apt-get install nfs-kernel-server
sudo apt-get install ltsp-server-standalone openssh-server
sudo ltsp-build-client
sudo ltsp-update-sshkeys
sudo ltsp-update-image
Open the /etc/default/tftpd-hpa and edit first line Run_Daemon to “Yes” in place of NO.Save and Exit.
Now Open the /etc/ltsp/dhcpd.conf and change some values to the file as below.uncomment value next-server and put the server ip infromt of it ( next-server 192.168.0.1; )
add these two values below that :
allow booting;
allow bootp;
now go to the last line of the dhcpd.conf and it has a default value : filename ( ”/ltsp/i386/nbi.img”; ) change that to ( filename “pxelinux.0″; )
Once done save and exit and restart the dhcp server /etc/init.d/dhcp3-server restart"

Any ideas of what I may try...I've searched but haven't found much, and I'm quite new to Linux so any help much appreciated.

Hawkier
September 25th, 2012, 12:44 AM
man, just use this tutorial
How to create a Ubuntu 12.04 x64 LTSP server with 32bit thin clients (http://www.thefanclub.co.za/how-to/how-create-ubuntu-1104-x64-ltsp-server-32bit-thin-clients)

you dont need to install nfs-kernel-server because its not used, nbd-server will be installed with ltsp-standalone.

and when you build your image use 32 bits architeture to clients:

ltsp-build-client --arch i386
att,
Luiz