PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 12.4 Folder crashing issue. Any Help would be appreciated

cwbeasley
September 4th, 2012, 06:22 PM
I am having a difficult time. I have gotten everything to work on my new install of Ubuntu 12.4. I have a Hardware Raid card that is managing my 8 hard drives. I have this Raid as an NTFS Raid, since I am using it on a windows side also. When I loaded Ubuntu, I set it to mount automatically and have it creating a folder on my desktop for it. It worked fine for the first couple of hours, then my ubuntu developed an issue. When I try to enter the Raid folder, it works fine for a few minutes, then it disappears, all my icons and files on my Desktop also disappear. If I am playing a video or music file, it still runs with no interruption. I can still enter all the folders via terminal, but I cannot get anything to reappear on the desktop. If i logout and back in, this whole process starts up again. Any help would be appreciated.

gordintoronto
September 4th, 2012, 11:16 PM
It's possible that it would be useful to know the exact brand and model of the RAID card. You might be able to get the identification by opening Terminal, and entering the command: lspci

Unimportant aside: it's Ubuntu 12.04 (04=April).

Did you install Ubuntu using "WUBI," or is Ubuntu installed on a hard drive which is outside the RAID?