PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Avoiding Dash - ClassicMenu Indicator cannot start Apps in Terminal

1script
September 3rd, 2012, 07:50 PM
Still struggling with being able to actually use my PC after an [accidental] 11.04 upgrade. Following the advice in my other recent thread: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2050760 I've installed ClassicMenu Indicator and it seems to work almost as expected with one quirk that renders half of it useless for me.

All shortcuts that were setup as "Application" work

I've had a number of menu items that were setup as "Application in Terminal". Those are basically ssh sessions to various accounts I work with. They no longer work. Basically, nothing happens when you select the item.

Some other "Application in Terminal" shortcuts do work, those that are actually starting local bash scripts.

Does anyone have any idea about how to get the "Application in Terminal" shortcuts in ClassicMenu Indicator work as they were in 10.10? Thanks!

eggsbenedict
September 27th, 2012, 12:59 AM
I'm also having an issue with ClassicMenu Indicator. For me, there has been only one program that it cannot open: K9copy. I really don't know about the "application" versus "application in terminal stuff." I'm still pretty new to this. But, to anyone out there, any ideas on why ClassicMenu indicator cannot open certain programs? How to fix it? Thank you!!