PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] wha hoppen to krename?

chitowner2
September 2nd, 2012, 09:56 PM
Hello All,

I regularly use krename but for some years now I have not been able to batch-rename folders, which is a very useful option for media files.

(I am using placid/kde with krename 4.0.5)

Does anyone know why kename no longer supports batch-rename of folders- or am I missing a plugin?

Any suggestions for how to 'fix' this or an alternate kde-friendly app that will do it?

Thanks
CT
):P

chitowner2
October 7th, 2012, 12:16 AM
Guys really? Nobody is up on this?
BUMP!

bra|10n
October 7th, 2012, 12:22 AM
Have you tried using Dolphin?

PaulW2U
October 7th, 2012, 12:31 AM
Does anyone know why kename no longer supports batch-rename of folders- or am I missing a plugin?

I've just tested 4.09 which is the latest release and successfully renamed a small batch of five directories.

In 4.09, when you click the "Add" button you need to check the "Add directory names only" box. krename is not something that I use very often so I have no idea what changes have been made in recent releases.

chitowner2
October 11th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Have you tried using Dolphin?

I thought Dolphin was just a file browser. Remember, I am interested in batch mode.

chitowner2
October 11th, 2012, 08:54 PM
I've just tested 4.09 which is the latest release and successfully renamed a small batch of five directories.

In 4.09, when you click the "Add" button you need to check the "Add directory names only" box. krename is not something that I use very often so I have no idea what changes have been made in recent releases.

Maybe that's the source of my problem. Normally I just click on something and "open with" krename. I know the "Add" button is 'the long way around' but perhaps I should try that when I want to batch-rename folders.

chitowner2
January 1st, 2013, 03:23 AM
OK, a long while later....

Yes! Click tab "1. Files" then choose "Add" from the right column, then, in the lower half of the popup window, choose options for folder names.

No wonder I was so clueless... Normally I just click on a collection of folders and they open under tab "4. Filename". I almost never use the other tabs.

:lolflag: