PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Accessing wireless indicator

rmcellig
September 2nd, 2012, 12:07 AM
I have Xubuntu 12.04 and Ubuntu 12.04 dual booting on my laptop. I am in Ubuntu now and can access my wireless connection from the network indicator in the upper right hand corner. When I am in Xubuntu, I don't see this indicator. What do I have to do to make it available in the panel?

Merrattic
September 2nd, 2012, 09:33 PM
Is either the sound or mailwatcher icon there (the main indicator plugin inlcudes these two and the network icon) ?

rmcellig
September 2nd, 2012, 09:50 PM
I swear that something is wrong. I think I am spending way too much time with these computers ;). It's just that Linux is so much fun. What happened was that I had chosen a theme where I could not see the top panel very well. When I switched back to a plack panel, I could see the up/down arrow, so now I can change from wired to wireless etc.. I changed the other two computers as well to a different theme and voila, everything looks fine. I feel so silly about this!!

I am really impressed with the latest version of Xubuntu!! For the work that I do (audio editing and recording), it is perfect. Probably Ubuntu Studio offers more and also has the XFCE interface but so far with Xubuntu, I'm really happy with it!