PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installing Software's other Distributions Live CD

naikaniket.23
September 1st, 2012, 04:28 PM
Hi,

I am currently using Pinguy based on Ubuntu 12.04, I want to switch to Ubuntu 12.04.01 but as I use internet through tethering, I want to know that can I install software's included in Pinguy Live CD on my upgraded Ubuntu, as its not possible for me to install all plugins and software my internet connection is very slow.

If yes please chalk the procedure step by step as I am beginner.

Thanks in Advance.

dino99
September 1st, 2012, 04:56 PM
maybe thats work, but both distro have custom packages/settings, so some surprises can popup

naikaniket.23
September 3rd, 2012, 06:39 AM
dino99 thanks for the reply, I don't want to install all the packages I only want to install selected programs & their supporting plugins such as gnome player (with all supporting packages), cleantime, web builder.
Installing this through internet connection takes days as mine connection is very slow. If there is any please let me know.

mastablasta
September 3rd, 2012, 01:10 PM
Ubutnu 12.04.1 is 12.04 with all updates applied. the image is ment for those that are doing a fresh install of 12.04 and don't want to download all updates up to the x.x.1 version. so if you have pinguy os and you updated it regulary then you arelady have the Pinguy OS based on 12.04.1 ;-)

naikaniket.23
September 3rd, 2012, 08:11 PM
Thanks mastablasta, it seems my post isn't clear, I want to know if I make fresh install of Ubuntu 12.04 by replacing my Pinguy 12.04, will it be possible to install selected packages such as vlc, cleantime, webbulider, gnome player, root managers etc. on the freshly installed Ubuntu from Pinguy 12.04 live dvd, as with my internet connection its not possible to install all with their required packages.

Please help.