PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Using Xubuntu on my iMac

rmcellig
August 31st, 2012, 08:15 PM
I now have Xubuntu 12.04 on three of my machines (two HP laptops and a Dell Dimension 3000 desktop). Love it! Works very well.

I don't spend much time on my iMac anymore because I have really lost interest since Lion was releaed a while back. The more I use Linux the harder I find it to go back to my iMac. At the moment I have a partition set up on my iMac to install Xubuntu 12.04. I won't have any problem installing it because I have installed other distros in the past.

The two sticking points for me are getting the Line In to work in the Sound Preferences as well as getting the built in webcam on the iMac to work.

I host a radio show and I record my show every Sunday using my iMac. No problems. Works well. It's when I use a Linux distro that I run into problems. It flat out does not work.

I am hoping to get some help in this thread and I will post back once I have Xubuntu 12.04 installed on my 24" iMac (circa late 2006 model).

Rodney9
September 1st, 2012, 04:15 AM
Might be best to ask in the 'Apple Users (http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=328)' section in this forum.