PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Complex problems

Rodmundur
August 30th, 2012, 12:08 AM
PC: ASUS UX32VD 13"

Trying to install Ubuntu for the first time.

Harddrive is formated in NTFS. Windows 7 allready installed on same HDD, but on an own partition. HDD is a hybrid HDD/SSD.

PC uses combined intern/PCI-E GPU (Intel HD/ GT 620M)

I have tried to install Ubuntu from a USB (Pc has no DVD-drive) but i get several errors. Black screen on different occations. "Fatal error" during installation: couldnt create boot. Installation freezes on different occations.

I want to dual boot my pc, allready made a clean D: drive for this. Looking for some answers, anything will help. :)

Ty!

helmut0
August 30th, 2012, 03:32 AM
I beleive the partitioner has installed the MBR to the wrong partition.This has been going on for the past month.

2F4U
August 30th, 2012, 06:40 AM
Can you run the liveCD without problems? Did you verify the checksum of the downloaded iso before creating the usb flash drive? How did you create the usb boot drive? Sometimes this process fails, did you try creating the boot medium again?

Rodmundur
August 30th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Can you run the liveCD without problems? Did you verify the checksum of the downloaded iso before creating the usb flash drive? How did you create the usb boot drive? Sometimes this process fails, did you try creating the boot medium again?

I created the boot disk 4GB USB drive from the Pen driver Linux's USB installer, i manage to run it and i get the startup screen for Ubuntu and everything seems to go okay and then screen goes black on random occasions. I figure it might be because of the hybrid GPU but i dont know. Sometimes it runs the Iintel graphics and sometimes it runs the GT 620M it might screw with the screen i dno about drivers and such with linux im pretty new. Yes i tried several times with the usb formating it and installing it again. Once i saw that the installer was called AMD and im running a i5, so i changed to the i. Still black screens tho.

I might note that i tried using the windows installer but the downloading stopped due to the network kept losing connection. Wich made me download it on a PC and making the USB from there with the Pen driver.

The main issue here is the black screen, i think everything is working fine except that. I hade the same issue with windows once (hibernate i think) and i could type freely making it respond perfectly (made it play music ect.) but the screen was black. Restarted it and it worked fine.