PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] My-Weather-Indicator stopped receiving data

Oldhacker
August 27th, 2012, 09:04 PM
I have been happily using My-Weather-Indicator, as suggested by someone on this forum a while back.
There have been short intervals when the two locations that I monitor just display N/A for a short time, but the data returns in a few minutes without any input on my part.

Today however, the N/A has remained since early this morning. Even clicking on Refresh weather has no effect. I don't know which weather server this app is using, but I suspect that the server is down.

Frogs Hair
August 27th, 2012, 11:15 PM
My indicator was also down until I changed from Google to Yahoo . This happens to me for two reasons. The National Weather Service station that provides data six miles from my home is down for maintenance or there is a server problem. The Wunderground web site posts a message if the local station is down.

Oldhacker
August 28th, 2012, 12:42 AM
Could you tell me how to change the server from Google to Yahoo? That option is not listed under Preferences.

Thanks

Frogs Hair
August 28th, 2012, 12:53 AM
If you are using my-weather-indicator and the options don't appearer make sure your system is up to date.

WishForHelp
August 28th, 2012, 12:56 AM
I noticed that also, the Google severs never worked here...
I like Google more then Yahoo, but it is what it is. :)

Oldhacker
August 28th, 2012, 01:47 AM
It took a little searching to install some missing dependencies, but I now have the newest edition of My-Weather-Indicator installed and working complete with my choice of Weather Services.

Thanks again for your help

newb85
August 28th, 2012, 02:00 AM
I'm using Weather-Indicator (note the different applet), and I've noticed the same behaviour from Google.

wide-load
August 30th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Mine has quit working totally also. It is "stuck" on the temperature of several days ago. I can't shut it down, I can't update it. I can't get into Preferences to change the weather server. This app has become most dissapointing. It used to work well. Now it STINKS!