PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 12.04 USB installation failing

ben2264
August 27th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Hi!
I'm trying to install Ubuntu 12.04 Desktop i368 alongside my Windows 7 OS, by booting from USB. A few seconds after I press "Install on hard drive", the installation gets stuck.I tried 2 differen USB drives, 2 Different USB ports and the BIOS boots first from the USB.
What can be the problem?
Thank you for your help!

Laiquendi
August 27th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Try through Live. Or you're trying?

ben2264
August 27th, 2012, 08:49 PM
If by live you mean the "Try ubuntu without installing it" option,I tried it and I have the same problem.(Both of the options won't even load, it stucks on the black screen with white writing on it in both cases)
Thank you for your time.

helmut0
August 27th, 2012, 10:34 PM
If by live you mean the "Try ubuntu without installing it" option,I tried it and I have the same problem.(Both of the options won't even load, it stucks on the black screen with white writing on it in both cases)
Thank you for your time.

Try to reinstall linux on your Usb drive,it my be corrupted.

ben2264
August 27th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Try to reinstall linux on your Usb drive,it my be corrupted.

I tried it a couple of times..it's so F weird..

ben2264
August 28th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Does anybody know what can be the problem?

Laiquendi
September 5th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Try from CD then, it may be some issue with your USB (one chip/mikroprocessor(forgot the name;) is handling several ports so they may be corrupted in groups).

critin
September 6th, 2012, 03:09 AM
When 12.04 was first released, installing was a problem. It's been fixed but you may have a bad download. You might need to get it again.

There are three places to install from, the boot option, the desktop and one in the dash. Open the dash and you should see the install icon. You've tried two, now try the third. That's the one that worked for me, other users could only install from boot, etc. Depends on the hardware I think.