PDA

View Full Version : What information can you gather about me

wirate
August 27th, 2012, 11:30 AM
I know that this might prove to be a disaster for me but I've recently become concerned about my privacy. I also know that A LOT of information about me is available to companies like facebook, google, apple and microsoft but i want to know what a normal person can retrieve without any legal action being taken against me. If there is legal action, they'll get all my chat, emails, browsing trends etc.
So geeks of ubuntuforums, let's see what data you can gather about me given my email id wirate@live.com. Please don't hack me :'(

cecilpierce
August 27th, 2012, 11:45 AM
There is no privacy in this world today, all someone needs is a friend or relative that works in some sort of government and you have more info then the person of interest can remember, I know, its happen to me in the past...):P

fluteflute
August 27th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Well an easy start is your blog: http://wirate.wordpress.com/

wirate
August 27th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Well an easy start is your blog: http://wirate.wordpress.com/

I'm sure there is more...

CyberpathicGhost
August 27th, 2012, 02:14 PM
wirate@live.com Maybe this is someone you actually wish to find info on, and not you as you claim. It's a dangerous game. Call me persecuted.

wirate
August 27th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Maybe ubuntuforums will tell you that this is the email behind this account

CyberpathicGhost
August 27th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Maybe you hacked the account. I give you the benefit of doubt. Just consider my observation.

mips
August 27th, 2012, 03:45 PM
I'm sure you would not want me to post your NIC number, name, address and other information here?

CyberpathicGhost
August 27th, 2012, 04:08 PM
In general:

1 Curiosity killed the cat.
2 A hacker wouldn't expose themselves by satisfying the OP request.
3 A curios individual should be aware, searching for information on another, you may find the tables turned. You become the hunted.
4 Perhaps the computer is stolen and you wish to find the sex hot owner of the avatar.

oldos2er
August 27th, 2012, 05:39 PM
I'm sure you would not want me to post your NIC number, name, address and other information here?

I'll assume that's true. Thread closed.