PDA

View Full Version : Amazon download via Banshee

Swagman
August 27th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Did someone break the link between Banshee and Amazon as ~I just tried to download an Mp3 (Whole album actually) and instead of Banshee automatically loading I was taken to the "Install Amazon downloader" page.

Which of course doesn't work by default anymore.

So I had to google to get it going (Which I have done).

Not that I'm all that bothered as long as I get the songs I've paid for but I thought Banshee devs got some wonga with each download ?

Dragonbite
August 27th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Assuming you are talking about Banshee on Ubuntu?

I wonder if it is something Ubuntu changed back when Banshee was made the default player and there was the controversy over who receives the funds.

If this is the case, then you would need a vanilla Banshee, maybe directly from the project instead of the repositories or Banshee running in another distribution (I think it is default on openSUSE Gnome, but not Fedora Gnome).

Copper Bezel
August 28th, 2012, 01:56 AM
No, the Banshee plugin worked until recently. I haven't used it in the last couple of weeks, but it worked the last time I did. It loads the Amazon page in the content area of the music player interface and handles the .amz when it saves, downloading the music tracks (and adding them to the library.) If it's stopped doing that under Ubuntu, that's new.

coffeecat
August 28th, 2012, 11:32 AM
If it's stopped doing that under Ubuntu, that's new.

It's still working for me.

@Swagman, I don't know why Banshee did that for you but I can confirm that I've just purchased a £7.49 MP3 album from Amazon using Banshee and it downloaded automatically as expected.

The only thing I can suggest is to check your country setting under Amazon preferences.

EDIT: this was in a fully updated 12.04, btw.

Swagman
August 28th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Thanks for replies.

I'm still on 11:10 (32 bit) and in UK

Kind of weird that my install did that though. I order LOTS of songs through 1click for my daughters and it worked perfectly up to yesterday.

coffeecat
August 28th, 2012, 12:43 PM
I order LOTS of songs through 1click for my daughters and it worked perfectly up to yesterday.

Long shot here, but I don't use 1-click. I always add to basket and go through the checkout the routine way. Why not try that and see if it works?