PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] customize applications menu?

Buntu Bunny
August 26th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Is there a way I can customize the applications menu on the top panel in Xfce?

tomski
August 26th, 2012, 08:06 PM
yes there is!

but i assume that really you want to know how so ...

click here (http://wiki.xfce.org/howto/customize-menu)

Buntu Bunny
August 26th, 2012, 08:33 PM
yes there is!

but i assume that really you want to know how so ...

click here (http://wiki.xfce.org/howto/customize-menu)

Tomski, ha! That's like my kids asking to see the butter and me holding up the butter dish and saying "see."

Anyway, yes, that looks like what I want, LOL. I say looks like because I'm just starting to learn the command line and this is quite a few lessons ahead of me. I will bookmark it though for future reference. Thanks.

tomski
August 26th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Tomski, ha! That's like my kids asking to see the butter and me holding up the butter dish and saying "see."

Anyway, yes, that looks like what I want, LOL. I say looks like because I'm just starting to learn the command line and this is quite a few lessons ahead of me. I will bookmark it though for future reference. Thanks.

hehehehe

thought you would like that!
any how check the first paragraph of the wiki as it gives a link to LXMenuEditor which is a gui app which will assist you :)

Buntu Bunny
August 26th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Yes, that definitely looks more my speed. :) I love Xfce but would really like to reorganize the applications menu. I think this will accomplish what I have in mind. Once again Tomski, thanks.

tomski
August 26th, 2012, 08:47 PM
no worries.
don't forget to mark thread as [SOLVED] once you get the job done
have fun :)

Buntu Bunny
August 27th, 2012, 11:41 PM
Well, I spent some time taking a look at LXMed. It seems one of the most asked questions was about creating submenus, which apparently it cannot do.

While perusing my own menus, I found
Applications Menu > Settings > Main Menu

I can do pretty much the same thing with this, create new menus, even create submenus and change the order of items within a menu. The problem is that I can't seem to be able to move existing items into the subfolders.

Anyway, I'm going to mark this thread solved, because I don't think it's possible to do what I want to do. If anybody reading this does find a way, please let me know.